AUSTralia: sign and ratify the nuclear ban treaty
Health professionals, students, professional associations, and health organisations:
Sign our statement urging an Australian commitment to the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
The treaty is in force as of 22 January 2021.
Hundreds of individual health professionals across Australia have signed our call for the Australian government to sign and ratify this historic treaty.
Key organisations have endorsed the TPNW signatories:
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- Public Health Association of Australia
- Rehabilitation Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Doctors for the Environment Australia
- Psychologists for Peace
- Australian College of Emergency Medicine
- Sydney North Health Network
Health professionals have the power and obligation to protect the community from the risk posed by nuclear weapons.
Please add your signature to our statement now.
International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, World Medical Association, International Council of Nurses, and World Federation of Public Health Associations have endorsed the nuclear ban treaty.
The Australian Medical Association (AMA) have released a statement in support of the UN treaty.
In December 2018, the Australian Labor Party National Conference made an historic commitment to sign the Treaty when next in government. Read more about the ALP commitment.