MAPW’s National Meeting is our annual gathering, where we review, plan, connect, and renew our commitment to preventing war and promoting peace.
Members and friends from across Australia are warmly welcome. There is no cost to attend the meeting program, held at Trades Hall, Melbourne. Please use the form, below, to register your attendance.
FRIDAY 30 AUGUST
Welcome and film screening, ‘The Beginning of the End of Nuclear Weapons’
SATURDAY 31 AUGUST
9AM – 5PM
- Year in Review
- Branch and National Updates
- International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- Climate and War
- Australian arms trade
- Special guests: Campaign Against Arms Trade (UK). In June 2019, CAAT’s legal challenge to the UK government’s decision to continue to license the export of military equipment to Saudi Arabia was successful. Hear from CAAT campaigners on how they won this key legal battle, and what Australia can learn from it.
- Dinner and special guest, Saad Alkassab. Join us at DOC Carlton for the best Italian food outside of Italy, and hear from medical student and survivor of the war in Syria, Saad Alkassab. Dinner is $69 per head – including a welcome drink.
SUNDAY 1 SEPTEMBER
- Workshop: Reflection on Hope. Be guided by MAPW’s Dr Peter Underwood to give shape and expression to that most wondrous and elusive of human attributes – hope
9:45AM – 1PM
- Skills workshop
- Forward planning