Global Conference Nuclear Power-Free World
The Global Conference for a Nuclear Power Free World is being organised by our Japanese partner organisations, including Peace Boat.
- When: 14-15 January 2012
- Where: Yokohama, Japan
- Full address: PACIFICO Yokohama - PACIFIC Convention Plaza, Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan
- More details (full details available early December): Go to the conference website
MAPW 2012 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
MAPW is offering to support a student member attending the conference with a scholarship of $300.00. At least one scholarship will be available, from the National office.
Students studying (or qualified in) any health care profession are welcome to apply. Scholarship holders are expected to support the aims of MAPW and if not already a member, to join MAPW in time for the scholarship to be confirmed. (You can join on the website, for just $11.00).
Applications should be emailed as an attachment.
Applications should be no more than 350 words including the information below.
• Your name, full contact details including phone and email, course, year, university and expected year of graduation.
• A brief submission indicating:
- why you want to attend the conference
- your interests and involvement (if any) in peace, anti-nuclear or related activities and issues
- what you hope to get from attending
- how you believe your attendance will help the objectives of MAPW
- a commitment to attend, to fully participate, to liaise with other MAPW or ICANi people attending.
You will have to make your own arrangements for registration, travel and accommodation (we will help if we can but may not have any capacity to assist, and our office will be closed at the time).
Scholarship holders will be expected to make time to report back to their Branch , if possible by attending a meeting and also by writing a brief report for the National newsletter.
Please email applications to email@example.com by 9am Monday 24 May (course applications close 11 June).
With any questions, please phone MAPW Executive Officer Nancy Atkin on 9023 1958 (or on 0431 475 465).